Berta Davis, Ph.D.
- Ph.D, Psychology, New York University.
- Post-doctoral training, Human Sexuality, U.C.L.A.
- Post -doctoral training in psychodynamic couple’s therapy, U.C.L.A.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Licensed clinical psychologist (PSY7683) in California.
- Diplomat, Board Certified Sex Therapist, Supervisor and CE Provider of the American Association of Sexuality Educators Counselors & Therapists (AASECT).
- Certified in hypnotherapy by the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
- Certified as a couple and sex therapist, American Association of Couples and Sex Therapy.
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, David Geffen School, UCLA
- Co-Director of Couple and Sex Therapy Training Program, AACAST.
Professional Affiliations and Honors:
- Member in good standing of American Psychological Association, Los Angeles County Psychological Association, American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists, and American Society of Clinical Hypnosis and the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality.
- Board member of the Los Angeles County Psychological Association for twenty years. (1985-2005)
- Board Member of Los Angles County Psychological Association Foundation Board. 2002-2006)
- Past President of Los Angeles County Psychological Association. (1996)
- Recipient of Distinguished Psychologist Award, Los Angeles County Psychological Association.
- Recipient of Presidential Citation, Los Angeles Psychological Association.
Areas of Specialization:
Over 30 years of experience as a teacher, therapist and supervisor in helping individuals and couples cope with the challenging tasks of living.
Dr. Davis has lectured, worked and played throughout Asia and the United States. She understands the deeper meaning of behavior within cultural, family and personal contexts. She has been married, widowed, is a mother and a grandmother and a step mother and step grandmother and now has a partner to help round out her life. She understands that we all face life challenges and that we drop the ball from time to time.
Former Director of the Institute for International Living, Tokyo Japan. (1980-1982)
Wrote a weekly column in the Japan Times called On Your Mind (1977-1982)